Save slots & Main menu
Get out your ps2 memory cardsIn this update I managed to get some saving & loading working. The video below shows some of it's features. Right now I'm using 4 slots, but I'd imagine a more flexible system like Bethesda RPG games where you can have an infinite amount of saves files.
- Save slots (4)
- Loading your inventory, health, and last checkpoint
- Save are stored locally as actual files
- Saving is done automatically by walking through checkpoints (might change)
- Your last played save character appears on the main menu (for funzies)
- Infinite save slots (Bethesda RPG style)
- Saving your options
- Save slots that store extra data like prisoners rescued, and doors/elevator states
- Maybe enemy states, definitely "boss" states when i add them.
- A screenshot of your last save location to help aid your save slot selection.
- Naming save slot
- Deleting save slots
- Copying save slots and other random saving stuff